Microsoft Ignite – Day 04 – 29-09-2016
Today I met Jeffrey Snover and had a lot of conversations with new IT Pro’s. That’s what I like about Ignite: connecting with Microsoft Experts and other IT Pro’s! Tonight is the Attendee Celebration at the Olympic Park. Tomorrow is the last day at Ignite and the conference will end at 14:00. Below are the sessions I can recommend and followed today:
- Understand Credential Security by Paula Januszkiewicz
- If you can attend a session of Paula, always do it because she has interesting sessions about security.
- She will demo how cached credentials work and will show you how to get the users credentials with Classic Data Protection API.
- Paula will demo how to decrypt KeePass if you use Windows User Authentication with the Data Protection API.
- Paula will show you how to extract credentials from a Windows service. You need access to the registry for this hack.
- She will show you how you get access to the password in a SID-protected PFX certificate file and how to access Windows with smart card authentication turned on, without a smart card.
- ProTip from the session: know and limit your domain admins! Domain admins can also do tricks as other users from the domain.
- Conduct a successful pilot deployment of Microsoft Intune
- You’ll learn how to start a successful pilot and get tips from the field.
Follow me on Twitter for live news from Ignite!